Introduction to IoT devices
With apps and sensors powered by smartphones and smart devices, the Internet of Things (IoT) is revolutionizing our world today in 2020. The ability of mostpopular IoT devices to send data over a network without interaction between humans or computers is what makes it special, integrated with UIDs (unique identifiers). The information transfer between devices instead of storing them at one spot, which will not only render the future more connection centric but also conserve energy.
Approximately 7.62 billion people are on our planet, but to your surprise, by 2021 with a growing trend of popular IoT devices, around 20 billion smart IoT devices may be up and running with an increase in the deployment of 5G networks across the world. Nowadays, the most popular IoT devices production and its use is growing very rapidly. IoT products and devices basically include laptops, smartphones, smart gadgets, smart watches, smart and digital vehicles, most of which are used today in abundance. In India this trend is growing rapidly in 2020.
How do most popular IoT devices function?
IoT devices have the capability to connect in any way to the Internet. This system is combined with hardware such as cameras, operational applications, some built-in technology that facilitates network connections and actuators as well. An IoT platform is created when these two functionalities are mixed together. Even plain watches used to see the time and date in the past, but now the smart watches allows us to see our heart rate, calories burnt, steps walked, pulse rate and body temperature.
What are the advantages of IoT Devices?
- IoT encourages machine to machine interaction.
- It provides good automation and control of the devices
- It is integrated with advanced technical data, so it is better to operate.
- It possesses strong monitoring features.
- It automates tasks in daily life tasks
- Makes good monitoring of devices.
- Enables energy savings
- Gives us a better quality of life.
- Uses a plethora of technologies such as low energy wireless, Bluetooth, LTE, ZigBee, wireless protocols etc.
Which are the Top 10 affordable and most popular IoT devices available in India in 2020?
Here I will showcase the best and affordable IoT devices that you can consider installing in your smart home in 2020. Here we go:
1. Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – New and improved smart speaker with Alexa (Black)
Key value add features:
- Popular intelligent smart speaker with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Voice control your music – Stream music from Amazon Prime Music, JioSaavn, and Gaana – just ask for a song, artist, or other genre.
- Get help when your hands are full – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Works with compatible smart home devices – Echo Dot is compatible with hundreds of smart home devices from Philips, Wipro, Syska, TP-Link and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
- Alexa has skills – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills like booking a cab, ordering food, playing games, and more.
You can change your device language to English/हिन्दी via the Language options inside the Device settings on the Alexa App.
2. Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch (Black)
Key value add features:
• UP TO 45 DAYS BATTERY LIFE: A powerful battery capable of lasting up to 45 days on a single charge
• 3 ATM WATER RESISTANT: Designed to withstand all your activities rain or shine, this watch is 3 ATM certified, equivalent to about 30 meters water depth
• Use Mi-Fit App to connect the phone
• LIGHTWEIGHT: Comfortable to wear day and night; You will even forget it’s there on your wrist
• ACTIVITY and SPORTS TRACKING: Track daily activities and sports like indoor and outdoor running, walking and cycling
• REFLECTIVE ALWAYS-ON: The display is always on and easily readable under bright sunlight
• NOTIFICATIONS: Receive notifications for incoming calls, emails, messages and other apps. Sedentary reminders if you’ve been sitting too long
3. Mi LED TV 4C PRO 80 cm (32) HD Ready Android TV (Black)
An Amazon India Best Seller, key value add features of this Smart TV are:
- Resolution : HD Ready (1366x768p) | Refresh Rate: 60 hertz | Voltage：100-240V～50/60Hz
- Connectivity: 3 HDMI ports to connect set top box, Blu Ray players, gaming console, 2 USB ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices
- Sound: 20 W output | DTS-HD sound
- Smart TV features : | PatchWall with Android TV and Set-Top Box Integration | Chromecast built-in | 700,000+ hrs of Content | Mi Remote with Google voice search | Content across 15 languages | Play Store, YouTube, Play Movies, Play Music | Hotstar, Voot, Sony LIV, Hungama, Zee5, Eros Now, Alt Balaji, Sun NXT, Hooq, TVF, Epic ON, Flickstree| Prime Video coming soon | Mi Remote controls TV, set-top box and smart home devices eg. Mi Air Purifier
- Warranty Information: 1 year warranty on product and 1 year extra on Panel
- Installation/Wall mounting/demo will be arranged by Amazon Home Services or Xiaomi service partner. For more information, please call Mi support on 1800-103-6286
- Easy returns: This product is eligible for replacement within 10 days of delivery in case of any product defects, damage or features not matching the description provided
- Additional Information: 14+ Content Partners (Amazon Prime Video Coming soon) | Operating-Environment：Temperature 0℃～45℃，Humidity 20%～80%, Storage temperature -15℃～45℃, Relative humidity<80% and Voltage：100-240V～50/60Hz
4. Mi LED Wi-Fi 10W Smart Bulb (White and Color, E27 Base), Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Key value add features of this Amazon India Best Seller Smart Bulb are:
- You can enable location access on your phone for seamless pairing with the Smart LED Bulb
- 16 million colours available
- 11 years long life
- Mobile app control
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- 10W brightness with 800 lumens
- Adjustable colour temperature from 1700K to 6500K
- E27 Base (B22 socket is not included in the package)
- No bridge required, works with existing 2.4Ghz router set up
5. Panasonic Seekit Loop SmartTracker (Black) – Never Lose Your Keys/Wallet/Pets or Any Other valuables
Key value add features of this smart product are:
- Attach Panasonic Seekit to your valuable belongings and find them fast. Tap the Buzz button on the Seekit app to make the Seekit ring & glow
- Separation Indicator: Get an alert on your smartphone as soon as your valuable disconnects
- Last Seen Location: If you miss Separation Indicator, check where you left your valuables last on your Seekit smartphone application on a map
- Proximity Guidance: Once you’re around the lost item, the Seekit app will guide you to your valuable too, with Proximity Guidance
- Bi-directional Tracking: Tap the “Buzz” button on the Seekit app to make the Seekit ring. It has an LED too, so don’t worry about dark rooms and corners. You can also ring your phone by double pressing the Seekit button, even when it’s on silent
- If you forget you Smartphone, Panasonic Seekit will buzz to remind you to go get it back
- SOS Alert: If you sense a threat, you can send an SOS alert* along with your GPS location to 3 of your near and dear ones, by just pressing the Seekit button thrice. (* SOS Message delivery dependent on Operator’s Network Availability)
- Product Weight: 5.4 grams
6. OAKTER Oakremote V2 – WiFi Smart Home Universal Remote with Amazon Alexa Compatibility | Remote for Air Conditioner | TV | DTH (IR Blaster, Black)
Key Value add features:
- Infrared (IR) Signals do not penetrate walls, hence one Oakremote is sufficient only for one room.
- All in One Smart Home Universal Remote for TV, Air Conditioner, Speakers ,Home Theater and DTH Set Up Box.
- OakRemote helps you control all your home appliances using free mobile app by Oakter Smart Home.
- Wifi configuration is compatible with 2.4 GHZ. Works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Switching between Netflix, YouTube and other applications will not be possible.
7. Ivy+ By ActiveX (Australia) Bluetooth Digital Body Weight Scale with BMI, Smart Weighing Bathroom Scale with Easy-to-Read Super Bright LED & Free Smartphone App And Measuring Tape – Black
Key Value add features of this Smart Scale are :
- Track Not Just Weight, But BMI – Do you struggle to keep track of your Weight and Body Mass Index (BMI)? We all know BMI gives a better picture of your health than weight alone. Wont it be great if your bathroom scale can easily tell you this information instead of you tracking it manually week after week?
- Advanced App Tracks Weight and BMI – Ivy+ comes with Free ActiveX app. The App tracks your weight & BMI trends. App supports unlimited users yet it maintains the privacy of your data. Only you can see your details. All your data is safely stored in cloud so you can easily access it even if you change your mobile. Syncs your fitness data with Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit.
- Precise Measurements: Ivy+ digital weight scale is equipped with 4 newest version High Accuracy Sensor to ensure the most accurate weight. Ivy+ is accurate to 50gms. It holds up to 180kgs.
- Hidden Large LED Display Design: Ivy+ bathroom scale uses large super bright LED display, so you can see your body weight measurement even in low light conditions. The pleasing design complements the interior of any house.
- Easy to Setup and Operate: The Simplest way to keep track of your and your family’s fitness progress. Step-on technology & Auto-off save battery, Auto-zero & Auto-calibration makes it easy to use. 12 Months Warranty and Lifetime customer support (based in India and Australia). Ivy+ is FCC/RoHS Certified & FDA registered. Includes Measuring Tape as a gift.
8. GOQii VITAL 2.0 Activity Tracker with BP Monitor & 3 months Personal Coaching
The key value add features of this Amazon India #1 Best Seller in its category are:
- The all new Blood Pressure Monitor measures your systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Roughly takes a minute to show BP. The user needs to set the blood pressure range in the GOQii App to measure BP in the tracker
- Broader OLED colour screen & Upto 10-15 days battery life under normal usage
- Use Phone GPS to track your exercise duration, steps, heart rate, pace, route taken and time.
- Separate charger is not required. USB integrated charger present on device. Connect the core to USB port of laptop, power bank or any mobile charger for charging
- Connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to GOQii iOS (ver 8.0 and above) or Android app (ver 4.3 and above)
- Waterproof and swim friendly.
- Get WhatsApp, SMS, Email and call notifications
- In GOQii Family Care plan, you get a personal coach and doctor for the 3 months subscription period – This purchase of GOQii family care plan can be claimed as tax benefit under section 80d
- One year warranty – The user can connect with GOQii in case of any troubleshooting on the 24/7 Live Chat and also call on toll free number on 1800-3130-3930 between 10am-7pm
- This is not a medical device and not a replacement to a Sphygmomanometer (an instrument for measuring blood pressure). Patients with hypertension should consult their doctor before use.
9. Jukkre Digital Projection Alarm Clock Weather Multi Function Desk Table Clocks Color Screen Calendar Led – Bluetooth Dual Noise Sleep Small Battery Charger Houzetek Radio Temp Black/White
Key Value Add Features of this Top Rated Product are:
- Made of high quality ABS plastic material, safe and environmentally friendly, durable, lightweight and portable to use
- [Energy Saving Clock] When the projection clock is powered by the battery, press the SNZ / LIGHT button and the backlight and projection of the clock are only held for 8 seconds. When it is powered by an external power source, the backlight and projection of the clock will remain on.
- [180-degree rotating projection] The projector clock can project ultra-clear time on a wall or ceiling to ensure a clear and cool view of time. Always know the time.
- [Time Projection Function] The projector parts can be tilted so that the projection of time can face the desired wall or ceiling and the focal length is adjustable.
- [Multi-function] LED alarm clock display time (12 / 24H), calendar (MM / DD), weekdays, temperature (C / F), humidity, also has alarm, snooze and projection functions.
10. Mi MJSXJ02CM 360° 1080P WiFi Home Security Camera (White)
Key value add features of this incredible security camera are:
- AI motion detection alert. The camera angle is 110 degree and the connectivity is Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- Input Power: 5V ; Working temperature: -10℃ ~ 50℃; Support Devices : Android 4.4 above or IOS 9.0 above
- Infrared Night Vision
- Talkback Feature
- The Mi Camera 360° has perfect picture quality. With Mi Camera’s 20 megapixels, 1080p resolution and wide dynamic range, even distant backgrounds are clear and detailed
- Inverted installation (optional)
- Up to 64GB SD card storage
FAQ On IoT Devices
What are IoT Devices?
The Internet of Things (IoT) devices are defined as anything that has a sensor connected to it and can transmit data from one device to another or to humans with the help of the internet. IoT systems include portable cameras, computing computers, applications, and actuators. They are attached to a specific object that operates on the Internet, enabling data transfer between objects or individuals automatically.
How are IoT devices connected?
Typically the IoT device will transmit data over the global Internet. Commercial IoT, where either Bluetooth or Ethernet (wired or wireless) is typically the local communication. The IoT device typically will only communicate with local devices.
Who invented IoT?
In a lecture to Proctor & Gamble during 1999 Kevin Ashton coined the term “The Internet of Things.” Ashton is a co-founder of an Auto-ID Lab at MIT. He pioneered the use of RFID in handling supply chains. He founded Zensi, a company which makes technology for energy sensing and monitoring.
What are the examples of IoT devices?
IoT devices can be categorized into three main groups: Consumer, Enterprise and Industrial. Consumer connected devices include smart TVs, smart speakers, toys, wearables and smart appliances.
Do we need IP Addess for IoT?
Most of the devices we use are connected via Internet Protocol (IP) to a network which requires an IP address. … Your own computer’s IP address is not accessible to any other user, but is used to connect to a router that then has its own IP address to connect to the internet.
What is IoT device management?
Operation of IoT systems is the method of authenticating, installing, configuring, controlling and managing system firmware and software that supports the practical functionality. Good system control is essential to the development and maintenance of IoT devices ‘ fitness, security and protection.
What is IoT applications?
In fact, IoT is a portal where embedded machines are connected to the Internet, so that data can be obtained and transmitted. This helps computers to connect, cooperate and learn from the perspectives of each other just as human beings do.
What is IoT Governance?
An IoT system governance model will resolve issues on IOT deployments. In turn, IoT governance is an extension to IT governance, where IoT governance focuses specifically on the lifecycle of IoT devices, IoT solution-managed data, and IoT applications in the IT environment of an enterprise
What are the basic elements of an IoT?
It depends on how the network is built. You should set up how you want your smart devices and machines to operate with a client-server network or peer-to-peer (P2P) platform. In most situations, they are plug-and-play systems. Most of us use P2P topology with that ease of connectivity to build the Internet of Things and keep it simple.
What is the future of IoT in the 2020s?
IoT’s future has the potential to be unlimited. Enhanced network mobility, applied artificial intelligence (AI) and the ability to deploy, optimize, orchestrate and protect hyperscale complex use cases would speed advancements to the digital internet.
What is the future of IoT in India?
81 per cent of Indian companies that were part of the study thought IoT was essential to digital transformation. According to a Deloitte report, the current number of IoT devices in India is about 60 million and by 2020 the figure will grow to 1.9 billion units
Read more of such interesting blogs here.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get regular updates on our latest news , blogs and product offers. Link below.